|Title||Ross Grammar School 1910|
|Description||Black and white artist's impression of Ross Secondary Schools produced in 1910 from plans prepared by the Architects, Messrs. Small & Ashton, Ross.
December 21, 1910 (page 9)
The illustration first appeared in the supplement "Almanack for the Year 1911" with the caption "Ross Secondary Schools"
May 18, 1911 (page 3)
Laying of the foundation stone.
August 3, 1911 (page 3)
Appointment of the School Governors
September 14, 1911 (page 2)
Applications invited for a Head Master (salary £300 per annum)
September 28, 1911 (page 2)
Notice to parents to apply to the Clerk of the Governors if they wished to send their children to the new school (age 8 years and upwards). This notice ran until December 21.
October 12, 1911 (page 3)
After receiving one hundred and nine applications, Governors appoint Mr. Arthur Ernest Barker, B.A., BSc., as the headmaster.
January 25, 1912 (page 6)
The illustration was used again in an article headed "THE NEW SCHOOL / OPENING CEREMONY"
It is accompanied by four other photographs:
The architects, Mr. A. P. Small and Mr. A. Ashton
The Staff of the School (Headmaster, Mr. A. E. Barker; Senior Mistress, Miss E. E. Davies; Assistant master, Mr. Maurice V. Smith; Assistant Mistress, Miss. S. J. A. Hambling)
The Assembly Hall
June 3, 1915 (page 3)
In an article headed " Ross Urban District Council / Secondary School Matters" it was proposed the "name be altered to "Ross Grammar School". This was approved unanimously.
|Photographer / artist||Unknown|
|Collection||Ross Gazette Photograph Collection|