Terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions of use
Copying and reproduction
Individuals are permitted to use, download, transmit, or print images from the website for private, research, or educational purposes, but not for any commercial purpose without further permission from Herefordshire History and/or the original copyright holder/s. For reproduction queries and publication requests please use our contact form.
Submitting items for inclusion in the project
We are always pleased to receive images, letters, maps, or other suitable material which reflects the character and history of Herefordshire. Even modern photographs are useful since they help us build a visual archive for the future. High resolution images may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent via www.wetransfer.com if the files are too big to email. If you have multiple or oversize items we can arrange to scan material for you.
All items added to the Herefordshire History collection are accepted in good faith on the understanding that the person donating them has read and agreed with the conditions below:
- I confirm that I am the owner/copyright holder/authorised to sign on behalf of the owner/copyright holder.
- I agree to allow Herefordshire County Library Service (on behalf of the County of Herefordshire District Council, also known as Herefordshire Council) to copy the item/s listed for inclusion in the Herefordshire History project.
- I agree to allow Herefordshire County Library Service to convert the material described into digitised form; to maintain a high resolution/quality digitised version of the item/s (TIFF/PDF) for preservation and research; to make any necessary back-up copies; and to make appropriate quality (JPEG/PDF) versions of the digitised form available on local, wide-area or online networks for the purposes of preservation, education and public access. File formats may be changed in future if required for preservation purposes.
- I permit individuals to use, download, transmit, or print from the digitised version of the item/s in line with current UK copyright law for any private, research, or educational purpose
- I agree to allow the Herefordshire County Library Service to use, download, transmit, or print from the digitised version of the item/s for research enquiries, exhibitions, displays, publications and publicity material to develop and promote the Herefordshire History project.
- I agree to allow Herefordshire County Library Service to recover costs by charging for selected high resolution copies of the images donated for the longer term sustainability of the Herefordshire History project.
If you are the owner/copyright holder of any item on the website which you believe has been displayed without approval or catalogued incorrectly, please contact us and we will be pleased to correct the error.