|Title||Opening Ceremony of the 1968 Hereford May Fair|
|Description||Black and white photograph of the opening ceremony in High Town in 1968. The dais is positioned behind the Burrell showman’s engine, works number 3909, ‘Winston Churchill’, registration NR 965. Built in 1922 for the Derbyshire showman Arthur Holland, the engine was originally named ‘Prince Albert’, but was renamed after the Second World War. At the time of this photograph the engine was owned in preservation by Mr Eric Middleton of Hartlebury in Worcestershire.
information supplied by:
Chairman, The Fairground Association of Great Britain
Member of the National Fairground & Circus Advisory Committee, The University of Sheffield
|Photographer / artist||Derek Evans|
|Publisher||Derek Evans Studio|
|Collection Holder||Private collection|